GET your va firearms permit online
4 Easy Steps to Protect Yourself
This training is good for in-state and out of state applicants and is a great way for people to obtain their VA Firearms Training without attending a classroom training session.
1. Watch the training course online
2. Take the test online
3. YOUR CERTIFICATE IS AUTOMATICALLY AWARDED UPON COMPLETION (Now only $65 for a limited time!)
4. Virginia residents: Process your certificate with your county circuit clerk.
Non-residents: Process your certificate with the Virginia State Police by mail
Where is this permit applicable?
The Virginia Non-resident Permit is available to U.S. citizens in all 50 states and allows you to carry concealed in the following 29 states:
Alabama*, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana*, Iowa*, Kansas*, Kentucky*, Louisiana*, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska*, Nevada*, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee*, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia*, Wisconsin*, Wyoming
* These states require their residents to obtain their home state permit if they wish to carry concealed legally in their home state. Without your home state permit you can still travel legally concealed in the other states.
If you’re a Virginia resident, your permit will be honored in the following 32 states:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming
What is included in the class? (outline)
The class includes all information including the required videos, documentation, and other digital information that you need to complete your firearms application for the state of Virginia (either as an instate resident or out of state resident. To the left are the topics covered in the class.
How to apply after you take the online training class:
Concealed Handgun Permit Application (We will provide you with this or you can download this here)
This online handgun class certificate (we will provide you with this)
Fingerprint Based Criminal History Record Information Check (you can obtain this on an FBI fingerprint card from any fingerprinting company or law enforcement agency)
Photograph Requirements (Two 2x2 Passport Photographs)
Proof of Identification (copy of ID)
Application Fee ($100.00, made payable to the Virginia State Police)
Anyone can apply, from any state who meets these minimum qualifications:
1) Be 21 years of age.
2) Not have been deemed insane by the courts in less than five years preceding the date of application.
3) Not be subject to a restraining or protective order.
4) Not be convicted of a felony.
5) Not have been convicted of two or more misdemeanors within five-year period preceding application, if one of the misdemeanors was a Class 1 misdemeanor .
6) Not be addicted to marijuana, or be unlawful user or distributor.
7) Not have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States.
8) Not have been convicted of any assault, battery, sexual battery within three years proceeding application.
Your Online Instructor - Evan Avnet
Evan Avnet has over 12 years police and law enforcement experience with 20 years security consulting experience. Evan is an NRA certified firearms instructor and has been teaching firearms for over ten years. Additionally, Evan has experience as a city and county law enforcement officer as well as having worked at the US Department of State, Diplomatic Security Service. Evan is also certified in SWAT operations, less than lethal instructor, protective detail service specialist, and running a protective detail.
What if I have questions after the online class?
We are here to help. You can either contact us here or give us a call at 888-813-4434 M-F from 9am to 5pm EST.